Fresh water is one of the most scarce resources on the planet, yet we use it as if the supply is limitless.
Global warming and human consumption are the primary reasons that our fresh water resources are so severely under treat.
Consider that the:
- Average toilet uses 11 litres per flush;
- Average tap runs at 10 litres per minute;
- Average shower runs at 22 litres per minute; and
- Average person, within a middle class home, uses 150-200 litres of water per day inside the house. An additional 200 litres is used on average, per person, to water the garden.
This level of consumption translates into an enormous waste of fresh water. The majority of this water is returned into municipal waste treatment plants where, after treatment, it is returned to the natural river and oceanic systems.
Not only is this a waste of precious resources, but also most municipal sewage treatment facilities in South Africa cannot keep pace with existing residential and commercial demand. This failure results in a poor quality of wastewater being released back into the natural system from these facilities where to get new balance shoes.
Treating wastewater at the source of its creation and converting it into a reusable resource for watering the garden is the ideal way to conserve water and minimise the strain household consumption places on municipal treatment facilities.
Biolytix is the only sewerage and wastewater treatment system to win a Global Eco-Tech Award at the World Expo in Japan, 2005. Biolytix was judged to be one of the world’s “globally significant environmental technologies that contribute significantly to the resolution of global environmental problems and the realisation of a sustainable future nike air max.
Biolytix is a household wastewater treatment system, which converts waste into a re-usable resource in the garden.
our mission is to:
- Provide advanced and ecologically sustainable technology to convert waste products into safe and useable by-products; and
- Take an educative role in waste management technology for the advancement of our business and the betterment of the environment.
Biolytix has been successfully implemented at destinations such as the award winning Pezula Private Estate, Longridge Winery, Bushmanskloof Lodge, Groenvlei Eco-Lodge, De Hoop Nature Reserves, Lynedoch Village, Angola Onguma Safari Lodge, Plains Camp and Tented Camp in Etosha, Namibia, the Algeria campsite in the Cedarberg as well as The Sugarbird Manor, the World Wildlife Fund’s guesthouse in Stellenbosch authentic jordan sneakers.